Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Ginger Milk

Ingredients:
Ginger Root (Buy minced gingers at your local supermarket)
Sugar
Milk

Diced the ginger root and put it in a sauce pan with sugar and water. Bring it to boil then reduce the heat to simmer. Continue cooking till you can smell the ginger.
Turn off the range. Add milk to the sauce pan. Take out the diced ginger root.
You may find already minced ginger at your local grocers. I found one that came in a transparent toothpaste-like tube at one of supermarkets nearby my place.
Using minced ginger saves you lots of time on trying to get the milk infused. All you have to do is drop the ideal amount of the minced ginger of your liking into the milk and after the milk simmers, simply drain the ginger and you've got very richly infused ginger milk.

I prefer to use whole milk because of it's rich taste.
The amount of ginger root and sugar is to each's preference. I normally would use the ginger of the size of my index finger. Depends on how much milk I make.

Add gelatin while it's hot and you get ginger milk pudding.

Enjoy

No comments: