Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My own Chicken Parmesan

Actually, when I made this dish I did not use Parmesans cheese but cheddar. It turned out, according to BB, wonderfully. I did spread grated Parmesans cheese on top of the cheddar but it did not melt in the oven.

Ingredients:

4-6 pieces of chicken breasts
3 eggs
1/2 cup of light cream (or milk, half and half, heavy cream, whatever is preferred)
1/2 tsp of salt
Italian bread crumb (sufficient to cover all of the meat)
Spaghetti sauce (store bought, any flavor)
cheddar cheese (or Parmesans)

Steps:

Pre-heat oven at 375F
Beat the eggs with salt and light cream.
Dip chicken breasts in the egg juice piece by piece until entirely covered.
Cover the breasts with bread crumb (works really well in a large enough see-through bag)
In a deep pan (I prefer using a pot or wok), pour oil till at least twice the height of the breasts.
Fry the chicken breasts till they turn golden brown.
In a large enough bake pan (or using Glad's baking plastic container), pour spaghetti sauce on the bottom. Then lay the chicken breasts next to one another on top of the sauce. Then pour more sauce on top of the breasts.
Finally, slice the cheese and cover the chicken breasts with it.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Voila!

The whole process took me only 50 minutes from start to finish.
Pre cooked store-bought chicken breasts can also be used.
When I fry, I prefer to put the meat in the oil while it's warm. This way the meat won't sink to the bottom yet it won't burn quickly. I would turn up the heat once the meat turns brown just to make it crispy.a

No comments: